|Position Title:||Community Medical Practitioner (Casual)|
|Program:||Primary Health Care|
|Location:||Alice Springs NT|
Wonderful opportunity to provide holistic health care, helping achieve outstanding outcomes for dialysis patients from Central Australian communities.
We began 21 years ago with a knock-out exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW which raised over a million dollars. People from the remotest, most beautiful part of the desert, then used this money to develop their own organisation, with a culture of caring, compassion and determination.
At the time, the focus was to get family members home to Kintore on dialysis, for people to be looked after on country and to maintain the traditions of looking after country and passing on cultural heritage to future generations.
It took a little time…and a lot of hard work…but in 2004, Purple House started dialysis in Kintore, the first of its kind, and set a precedence for many others to follow.
Today we proud to say the we have collaborated, supported and helped many communities to get their people home and now operate dialysis in 18 communities across NT, SA and WA. We also run two mobile dialysis trucks, provide a range of support services, run a successful social enterprise and have big plans for more!
We have come a long way in 21 years!
About the Role
We’re looking for passionate female and male GP’s to join our team to provide holistic and culturally safe health care. You will work closely with a multi-disciplinary team caring for the health and wellbeing of our dialysis patients and families. You will have an opportunity to build strong relationship, spending quality time with patients.
Some of your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide high quality Primary Health Care Services to patients of all age ranges and health care needs, in keeping with best practice standards
- Respond to acute medical/health problems presented by patients including history taking, diagnosis, investigation, treatment and referral as appropriate
- Develop chronic disease management plans with the patients input, in line with national guidelines and pathways
- Provide appropriate health education and promotion to all patients as part of a preventative health care approach.
- Conduct annual holistic health care screening of regular patients to improve health outcomes, enhance care coordination of, and prevent ill health.
- Liaise closely with other members of Primary Health Care team for a collaborative approach in patient care.
- Collaborate closely with specialists and other external stakeholders to provide multidisciplinary approach to health care.
- You have a patient centred focus and eye on our goal of getting people home on country.
- You are known for your compassion, empathy and ability to listen.
- Your style is flexible, good humoured and resilient.
- You are a self-starter and can work autonomously, knowing when to ask for help.
- You can think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems.
- You are considerate and thoughtful in conflict management.
- You’re eager to learn and collaborate with your team.
- You are passionate and ready for a challenge. (But we are all here to share the fun!)
- You can communicate with all sorts of people.
- You are culturally curious and have respect for culture and community.
- You have experience working for an Aboriginal organisation and awareness of the issues pertaining to this region.
- Medical Practitioner’s Generalist registration with AHPRA
- Fellow of RACG or ACCRM
- Hold Practitioner Indemnity
Applicants must have legal rights to work in Australia.
If you think you have what we’re looking for, please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We suggest you look at our website, Facebook and Instagram to see how we roll.
No agencies please
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.