|Position Title:||Nurse (Dialysis)|
|Location:||Remote dialysis site or Alice Springs as directed|
We began 22 years ago with a knock-out exhibition at the Art Gallery of NSW which raised over a million dollars. People from the remotest, most beautiful part of the desert, then used this money to develop their own organisation, with a culture of caring, compassion and determination.
At the time, the focus was to get family members home to Kintore on dialysis, for people to be looked after on country and to maintain the traditions of looking after country and passing on cultural heritage to future generations.
It took a little time…and a lot of hard work…but in 2004, Purple House started dialysis in Kintore, the first of its kind, and set a precedence for many others to follow.
Today we proud to say the we have collaborated, supported and helped many communities to get their people home and now operate dialysis in 19 communities across NT, SA and WA. We also run two mobile dialysis trucks, provide a range of support services, run a successful social enterprise and have big plans for more!
We have come a long way in 22 years!
About the Role
We’re looking for passionate, caring people to join our team. You will have a unique opportunity to work as a dialysis nurse in one of our remote locations in the Northern Territory, Western Australia and South Australia.
We have casual and full time roles available and will consider sponsorship for an international candidate.
The role involves:
- Delivering high standard dialysis clinical care in our facilities
- Coordinating the care of patients with complex health needs
- Providing training/education to dialysis patients and their families to encourage well-being and self-care
- The chance to work “outside of the hospital environment” where you can work independently for a community-run healthcare provider
- Support (leave and financial assistance) for further relevant study
- A competitive remuneration package of $120K-$140K pa including PBI salary packaging
- Flights and transportation to and from your remote location
- Free accommodation, utilities and internet
- 35 days annual leave
- Variety to work in a unit on your own or as part of a team
- An approachable and communicative management team
- An appreciation for who you are and what you bring to the Purple House
- You have a patient centred focus and eye on our goal of getting people home on country.
- You are known for your compassion and empathy.
- You are a self-starter and can work autonomously.
- You can communicate with all sorts of people.
- You can think on your feet to negotiate and solve problems.
- You are culturally curious and have respect for culture and country.
- You are passionate and ready for a challenge. (But we are all here to share the fun!)
- Your style is flexible, good humoured and resilient.
- You have a minimum two years recent haemodialysis experience.
- You are currently registered with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Authority (AHPRA).
The Chief Health Officer Covid-19 Directions (No.55) 2021 (“the Directions”) made under the Public and Environmental Health Act 2011 applies to workers in the role you are applying for and you will be requested to evidence your current COVID-19 vaccination status.
If you think you have what we’re looking for, tell us why by submitting your one page cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We suggest you look at our website, Facebook and Instagram to see how we roll.
No agencies please
We actively encourage and invite applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people for all our positions.